Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

September 1, 2007

Love's Never Real

by Anonymous

Trying so hard to hide.
Every tear of mine.
Faking a smile,
holding a grin,
but inside I want to cry.
I'm sick and tired of getting hurt.
Each and every time.
I wish that I could try
to find something truly mine.
There's always going to be someone there
always to make me cry.
Why oh why can't they be nice?
It's been me that's always tried.
My heart's been shattered, torn to bits.
Locked in a safe.
Just so that you won't be able
to cause me anymore more pain.
I guess it's true that a girl like me
will never play the part.
Of a fairytale princess with a true love.
And a prince with a true heart.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a really really really good poem! I'm serious, that should go into a Chicken Soup for the Soul book or something

    ReplyDelete