Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

January 3, 2009

I Thought I Knew You

by Anonymous

I guess
i thought
but it isn't true
i always thought
i knew everything about you.
So much you can learn in one night
you see?
No you dont cuz you dont really care about me.
I learned the times you tried
and all the times you lied
i heard those things and almost cried
cuz
in my head i knew that wasn't you
but who knew?
i guess
especialy not me.
i heard all those things they said
all those things you did.
i wanted
to shout
i wanted to
scream
i wanted to defend you
but when have you ever defended me?
i guess you're someone
i just don't know
at least not anymore
you slammed that door
so long ago.
i guess
i
wanna break free
from that barrier
separating
you and me!
But
you don't.
You wanna do it your way
following the crowd
or following the sway.
Just be yourself for once
i'm hoping and praying
this is not who you have become.
so how am i supposed to
make this easy?
tell me about the part
where you decided to forget
about me.

1 comment:

  1. i can really realate 2 this..nice poem!!i luv thiss!!

    ReplyDelete