Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

October 5, 2009

What I Dream of Doing

by Ida

I imagine, before I die, the things
I’ve always dreamed of doing
I desire that this life
I will live peacefully and slowly
But the world is not like that
So I would have to let it go

I dream of soaring and gliding freely
With my own liberty, up above all ignorant humans
To fly up to the circular yet rough moon
and take in the sight of its pure fascination

I want to go to the magnificent
Bahamas and wonderful Jamaica
To be entertained and relaxed
in sublime trips to Tokyo or San Francisco
I want to enjoy as much as I can,
like furry, selfish squirrels preparing to
embrace the snowy time of hibernation

To go extreme shopping with worthy friends
And visit more than a thousand
hot spots before the dire end
I dream of snowboarding
down the Appalachian like a crazed maniac
I lust to watch a sensational Yankees game
And to wildly root for them with a Hammy face
As well as rocketing up through the Milky Way,
like a hyper dog to a lake

I pray that I will have enough time
To say goodbye to this cruel, spiteful world
I have to quickly seize the day
Before the obnoxious grave is swiftly dug
Where I will lay
For no human can predict the future,
No one knows what will happen the next
All I can do is to keep my fingers crossed
for the absolute best

No comments:

Post a Comment