Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

November 14, 2010

One More Day

by Andrew M.

When I sit, I think.
When I think, I think of what I'm thinking of.
I think of the good, and the bads.
I think about what's right, what's wrong.
Time and time again,
I think if it's worth it, worth it to eat, breath.
But, in the end it comes to just needing one more day.
So much weight and stress pulling down, still one more day.
When light turns to dark,
And dark shines to light,
Again I think and think after I'm surrounded by thoughts.
Visions circle my head, mostly of sadness and sorrow.
Times come when I must cry before I sleep.
Still I say one more day.
When it comes to the times all is lost.
Whether to end it there becomes the debate.
Well, it is those times that puts happiness in my heart.
It is those times that make me cheerful,
For I know my friends care.
When they understand, I understand.
When it comes to mind,
I know that if I end it,
Those who show and know they care,
Show me that I am loved.
When the end does come, it will not be me.
But, it shall be nature.
I know and still I push through.
I make every day count.
To show me, is to save me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem. It's amazing. I feel that way sometimes.I think life would be so much easier if some things hadn't happened. I know it will end some day and that gives me the strength to keep going on.Life may seem as though it's not worth living sometimes, but one day it will all end and you will be happy. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete