Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 16, 2011

I Am the Girl

by Anonymous

I am the girl who felt that ache,
I am the girl whose lunch you’d take,
I am the girl who was frightened by you,
I am the girl who had nothing to do,
I am the girl who spoke not a word,
I am the girl who nobody heard,
I am the girl who took all your lies,
I am the girl who never could rise,
I was the girl who knew you were cruel,
I was the girl you said wasn’t cool,
I was the girl who faced up to her fears,
I was the girl who stood up to her peers,
I am the girl who still cannot let go,
I am the girl who just wants you to know,
I was a person put down by your fun,
I was a person.
Not the only one.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POEM . I LOVED THE REPITION AND EMOTION THAT YOU USED IN IT . IT WASNT JUST AN EVERYDAY POEM , THE WORDS FLOWED OFF OF MY SCREEN AND TOUCHED MY HEART.

    ReplyDelete