Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

September 11, 2011

Desire

by Matt

The feeling of euphoria washes over me
Like when Hurricane Katrina came up to New Orleans.
And I know all you out there will find that offensive,
But right now my mind is on things much more extensive
Than your puny unintelligent ignorant opinions
Because in my eyes, you all are just stupid mindless minions.
You don't know what is like, to be like me
And really, really wish, that you could see,
Why I happen to decide to do the things that I do,
And why it looks like everyday I'm feeling so blue.
But I know that by now to you I'm worthless and scum,
And I also know I'm still worth something to some,
The ones I sell to and buy to anytime that I please,
And my dog and my girlfriend who's really a sleaze,
So maybe before you go making your petty judgments,
You'll notice that the heart that keeps me going has multiple dents,
Because I hope that, one day, I'll be saved,
From this one stupid drug that I've always craved.
I'm writing this all down from my room all alone,
Waiting for my nonexistent wife to come home.
Because the drug that I desire is a drug you can't make,
But everyone needs and some people make it seem fake,
The drug that I want and the drug that I need,
Is the drug that would explain it to you all indeed.
It is the reason why I am such a pitiful being,
And right now I cannot believe what I'm seeing.
Because I think my true dealer has come to stay,
The one girl I love just stopped my death and decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment