Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

January 19, 2012

Broken Girl

by Anonymous

Today I woke up from the dead and found myself lost and alone. I was not really dead but it was starting to feel like it. I woke up like every other day, but this day seemed different somehow. A part of me was lost and wished to die right then and there, but I think I was afraid. I could not stand it anymore, this bitterness and loneliness or whatever it was. I tried to understand what was happening but I could not. I was too scared to even think what it might be. Most people forget about it and move on but, then again, I am not most people. I am not even sure I am a person. I feel more like a soulless being. I feel like there’s nothing inside me that is human at all. I feel alone and dead inside, but also like a monster. I don’t know even what I am anymore or who I am. I am a soulless person. Now I am a lost soul. It feels like I don’t belong at all. I could try to run but that would be useless. I am useless. What good am I for? What will happen to me if I don’t stay in this dried-up and lonely world? What is this place I have grown to love and hate? What does this all mean? What is happing to me and my soul? What am I? I can’t even look myself in the mirror anymore and say that’s me because I don’t even know what the real me looks like anymore. I feel like a dark hole that is being sucked in by this sad and bloody world.

No comments:

Post a Comment