Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

May 14, 2012

My Wings

by Melecia
I lost my wings when you went away
I scream for your contact everyday
I break down into sobs whenever you cross my mind
I will not be okay, I will not be fine

Don't you know what you left behind? 
A broken home, and no peace of mind.
I know you were hurting, but weren't we all? 
You brought us all down, when you decided to fall.

I don't mean to sound selfish, but I loved you, you know
I just wished you would have warned us that you were ready to go

You were my wings, you helped me to fly
but now I'm stuck on the ground with my life passing by
I miss you so much it hurts
and I hope you know I loved you with all I was worth

We'll meet again soon and sit on a cloud
and you'll tell me how I screamed so loud
You heard every cry, and tasted every tear
Everything I felt down there, you felt up here

"I'm so sorry," you apologize
"It's okay," I say through blinking eyes
I have my wings again, I'm free to fly
Then you take my hand, and we take to the skies.

1 comment:

  1. i feel exactly the same right now... this was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete