Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

May 14, 2008

My Little Prince

by Rachael

I went to see him perform so flawlessly
Like the part was made just for him
His first words:
Please sir, would you draw me a sheep?
Tears of pride and admiration flooding my vision
With every word he said
With every song he sung
One day, one time, he saw forty four sunsets
And I wish I could have been there with him
I wonder if he would care for me
If I were his rose
Only his, to nurture and care for
Would our time grow stale
After the mountains were trimmed
And the sheep fed?
Traveling across the universe
Wandering aimlessly through castles and meadows
Would he remember me?
The rolling wheat of waning summer
would remind me his golden hair
And make me happy with a fleeting memory
It is only with my heart that I can see rightly
But what is essential is invisible to my eye
My petals would wilt and my color fade
While I waited for my Little Prince
Would he ever come back to me?
I do not know
I just hope that he will save one last sun for me
And that one day he will return
So we can watch it set together on the horizon

No comments:

Post a Comment