Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

May 12, 2008

Til the End

by Deanna

I try so hard and still I fail,
my heart is left cold, sick, and pale.
I tell myself I'll be okay,
though I can't stand it one more day.
I tell myself I will not cry,
turns out it's just another lie.
You said I love you every day
and in your heart I'd always stay.
You held my hand and kissed my lips
and then my heart in half it rips.
It will never happen anymore,
I'll walk right out and slam the door.
I cannot bear to say goodbye,
afraid my heart will break and die.
Finding love like this is rare,
you never saw how much I care.
I tried to show you, make you see,
how much you really mean to me.
I see that something's hurting you,
but you won't tell me what or who.
Did you really think that we would last?
Or that I'd be part of your past?
I wanted you to understand
That I love you, and hold your hand.
Eventually my heart will mend,
just thought you'd be there til the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment