Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

November 23, 2008

Summer Gone Again

by Victoria

The hot summer rain is falling on my window pane
I cant stop myself from falling
Falling for you again
My soul is yearning for your taste
Your arms to slip around my waist
But I know that you wont be there in the morning

I hate how much I love you,
I hate that I dont hate you.
I've got every reason to hate you,
now the wine starts to kick in.
I pour myself another glass
and hope this pain will come to pass
but you will forever be my golden boy.

The veil of night is slowly falling
as time drives me insane
I cant stop myself from falling,
head over heels again.
My heart is sore, I cannot sing
I sit and wait for the phone to ring
But I know that you wont be there if I call you.

You're always to blame for my aching heart,
and tears were predicted from the start,
i just hoped that you would be there
to stop the tears from falling.
Falling. Falling.

My thoughts of you are slowly falling
and the tears roll down again.
I cant stop myself from falling
for your smooth green eyes again.
Now the summers gone again,
its time for us to part,
and by next spring sometime
wine will have healed my broken heart.

But you will forever be my golden boy.

1 comment:

  1. I love your poem, it touched my heart... i feel the same way as you... best line is "but I know you won't be there in the morning"

    ReplyDelete