Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

June 8, 2012

Choice

by Sophia
For him I made a selfless choice
I clouded my heart-desired voice
I threw away a happy life
And chose one that is filled with strife

The queen of darkness I’d be to him
One song of pain, an endless hymn
Instead he’ll take queen of light
With those deep eyes, how can I fight?

To her I swore my sacred oath
Something I may have come to loathe
And though his love I’ll always crave
I take my promise to the grave

For how, with her, could I compete?
Trying itself, would be a feat
With such brown eyes and slender figure
All of me it will disfigure

And so in hopelessness I lay
My choice, on my shoulders it will weigh
With a life that’s worth less than coal
And love still weighing on my soul

1 comment:

  1. this was a great poem, i loved it:).
    XOXO,
    Artemis Moon

    ReplyDelete