Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

June 8, 2012

Pain


I always dreamt I'd take your hand
And write your name down in the sand
Yet when I wake up in the morning
You aren't there, my heart is yearning

I thought I could forget you
And leave you there without a clue
But when I try, it'll never do
Because I see your eyes so blue

You never thought what I would feel
That on my knees you made me kneel
And so my heart has turned to coal
I, to the devil, sold my soul

And now to me you have come back
Away at my sanity you hack
You now ask me to forgive you
Something I am so willing to do

I give up, I have no power
My strength is gone, my life is sour
All my strings of life are severed
If feel like I've been dead forever

1 comment:

  1. sophia you are truly an artist. keep writing!
    XOXO,
    Artemis Moon

    ReplyDelete