Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

October 11, 2012

Stain on the Carpet

by Anonymous 
Walking down the hallway
I look down and see
the remains of a memory
can't throw away the key

I try to push away the feelings
I run from our past
can't face I may still love you
we were both too toxic to last.

we wanted different things
I longed for just a kiss
your words were just deceitful
all you wanted was physical bliss

memories shake my bones
and I can never forget your lips
The way you looked me in the eyes
with your hands upon my hips.

that night, I can never take back.
you're just a ghost to me
how could I ever think
we were possibly meant to be?

Move on, move on,
is what I scream in my head
But honestly I can't lie to myself
I want you here instead

Don't make me fall again
I can't bear the pain
My love exploded in your eyes
Our memories just a stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment