Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

November 27, 2012

Lately

by Red Liberty 
lately i feel like things have taken a turn for the worst
lately i feel like things have slipped right past me 
lately i feel departed from society 
lately i feel like I'm at the beginning of a closed road 

lately has been a tough going and I'm asking you for a little faith to keep me 
stable, to keep me capable. hold my hand and love me unconditionally. 
lately i have been undeserving
lately i have been cold
lately i have been wrapped up in myself
lately i haven't walked the valuable path of life

lately my reality has been distorted and unknown from me. i have sat back and 
let the damned steal something so critical to my own existence. 
lately i have been deceitful to the ones i cherish and respect. 
i have been deserted by the ones who said they'd stay through the thick and thin. 
lately i have burned all of my bridges and have sent everyone running away in 
terror. 

lately i haven't breathed the fresh air around me,
lately i haven't been who i used to know. 
lately i realized life is meant to be lived.
lately i have taken the hand of support.
lately i have confessed.
lately i decided to be apart of my own life.

1 comment:

  1. very interesting. i think its great how it goes from down to up

    ReplyDelete