Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

November 16, 2012

Unknown

by Marti
what the eyes can see is not what defines me
not even the fears, lies, or hyperactivity
mom don't worry, i'm not your insecurities 
my heart, spirit, the blood in my veins, are all god's property 
i was told that god doesn't make junk 
well why do the beatings makes me feel like a punk 
each strike destroying joy and leaving pain 
how much abuse can a child sustain
verbally and physically 
i thought you loved me unconditionally 
i'm like you, why don't you love us 
feeling so blue from the smacks 
no longer blue, all i feel is black 
walking around, sometimes numb 
no e.d. class for me, i'm not dumb 
i want to be loved, i want to grow 
teach me... show me that you know

No comments:

Post a Comment