Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

May 18, 2013

My Own World; My Only Desire

by Morgan D.

In the very center of my being, 

There is a special place I like to go. 
I go there when all seems lost, 
When no one wants to hear me, see me,
or deal with anything that I have become. 

My own little world, 
Forever only in my head,
never getting released to the public, 

Never to be ridiculed. 
I can be myself there and be alone with my thoughts, 
Oh how my thoughts seem twisted sometimes, 
This world devours me and takes me away 
from the pain, the hurt, the torment. 
My life may not seem bad on the outside, but that's just it, 
You're on the outside never to look in, 
Never to truly understand. 
In my world I can do what I will, 
I can cut the sorrow away, 
And flush away the pain with my drug of choice. 
Sounds like the perfect world, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment