Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

October 2, 2013

Bringing the Rain

by Leah V.
I wait for the day
to quickly come 'round
I wait for the day
to hear the sound.

The sound of affection
Coming from your voice
It is never required
It is done by choice.

I was never enough
to make you proud.
At least, you never told me aloud.

Always disappointed
Always ashamed
It was never you;
My father, you blamed.

Of course, lest I forget,
it was my fault as well.
I could not stay
in your little shell.

I broke out the casing,
broke out of the mold,
my temperature changed,
yet you stayed cold.

When I left, I was free.
Free from the hurt,
free from the pain,
of being treated as dirt.

So many issues,
so many times
We cried and I was forced
to scribe in my rhymes.

All were tense,
all were stressed,
nothing in life
seemed to be blessed.

I left and I see
I see the change,
I see how you act,
and I think it strange.

So many friends
you never had before
So many shells 
washed on the shore.

Closer together
you all became
It is now the sun;
I was the rain.

You never think to call,
not a simple "Hello"
I see, in your rank,
I am well past below.

I keep that in mind,
when I start to miss,
when I start to remember, 
I remember this.

I am sorry for the trouble,
I am sorry for the pain,
I meant no downer
Or to bring the rain.

While your days are sunny,
mine are clear.
I think of this when 
to you I'd like to be near.

No comments:

Post a Comment