Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

October 16, 2013

Oh, Sleep

by Anonymous

Oh, lovely quiet Night.
Oh, lovely loud Night.
How you and I fight.

I cannot be without thee, see,
without you I have no sanctuary.
No where to hide, a place to no longer hide.
I trust you and no one else.

If I am up to say goodbye to you one more time, I may break.

Oh, Insomnia.
Oh, lovely Insomnia.
Oh, cursed Insomnia.
Has one complimented you before?

Congratulations. You’ve got me,
my body, my heart, my soul, my mind.
I’m losing my mind to you.

Oh, Sleep, oh, Sleep.
Why am I without Sleep so often?
I swear I love Sleep with all my heart.

And yet I cannot leave Insomnia,
I cannot leave Night for a second more than I do,
and I am separated from my love.

Oh, Love. Do I have you?
I once believed Love was what was closest to you.
Family, friends, God.

But if that was true,

then why the hell am I never asleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment