Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

December 7, 2013

Waiting for Relief

by Naomi M.

I go to bed each night thinking,
will tomorrow be just another day like them  all?
Will I take control over my life
and acknowledge my feelings,
or continue to treat them like they are small?

There's nothing more painful than the guilt I feel
because I know you love me and I cannot be my best.
And I cannot express the love I have for you
in my heart thumping in my chest.
I have so much inside of me
just waiting to come out,
But where there was once strength
There now is vacant pain
and all I manage to do is shout.

The roots of  our love is so strong
but our branches are all broken
and my weeping heart is waiting
for something capsizing to be spoken,
So that my cries let out will be acknowledged
and the wasted pain will go away
and all that will be left of this
will be memories of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment