Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 5, 2007

Alone

by Jessica

What's terrible about being alone
Is knowing that you are alone
The wonderful thing about solitude
Is that your secret never escapes

No ones know the hidden scars
No one feels the cut
No one comforts the cries
Of desertion and hurt

They live alone in their own world
Forgetting that you even exist
That you were there in the beginning
And will remain until the end

But after all that's how I want it to remain
With my secret kept and theirs exposed to the eyes
For all to see and to use against

If my secrets were bare than they would know…
How I hide at night alone in my room
Searching for a hand to hold
Looking for a light

Fearing to feel the cold touch
Of another probing hand
Searching my soul for all it contains
Stripping me down to my core

Making sure everyone gets a chance
Of feeling my innards
Making me bleed and cry
And sending me to my special place

Where I am alone
What's so terrible about being alone?
You're safe and… Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment