Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 8, 2007

Love You or Not

by Tana

I felt so empty inside last night,
When I didn't receive your call.

I felt like crying, but instead...
I laid there staring at the wall.

We've been through a lot for two months together,
And I know that it hurts to hear my feelings

to your questions with WHATEVER
I honestly do think that I want to really understand

That we could never be anything more than just friends.
Is that what your title will always remain?

Because whenever I look at you, I don't feel the same.
I took a picture of you and held it real close to my heart.

I prayed that we'd always be together.
And yet, we're falling apart.

I told myself that I wouldn't cry whenever you decided to let go.
but i couldnt promise that for a fact, my love for you so true.

And if you were to ask me if I cared about you
or loved you always, the answer would never be NO.

I love you FRIEND.
And that title is all you'll ever be now, i guess.

Instead I promise to never let you leave my heart or become a faded memory.
Because I know that deep down inside, you will always be a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment