Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 8, 2007

In My Life

by Lilex

in my life
sometimes i'm afraid of things
of things that happen to me
so i run away
scared of my own fate
or destiny in life
i can't seem to face
it head on or look myself in the mirror
why must my own fears haunt me
from achieving what goals i have or that are set in mind
i don't like being afraid of my shadow or you
why must i run and hide
from the people i love the most
why must something i love the most
be the thing that i'm most afraid
get close to and hold on tight
to cherish everything he has done for me
the feeling of it being so real makes me tremmble in fear
i cry at night afraid of the choice i have made
to set him free though in my heart i know
he is the one for me
why must fear bring me down
put a shadow of doubt in my head
forever be something that is haunting me
not a friend that helps me out
but an enemy that will never seem to love me
for me
i hate this feeling that hangs over me
why must it destroy everthing that i've created
to live up to standards that i love
to enjoy the people that give me love
then bring me down to nothing but pain
this feeling gives me envy and gloom
no smiles on my face just a feeling that i hate

No comments:

Post a Comment