Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

December 1, 2007

Insects of the World

by Meagan

The sun rises as my heart goes down,
while I wait for it to turn around
and fly like a beautiful butterfly,
fluttering by, like my heart wants to be,
just waiting inside of me.
When the day starts, so do I,
over and over I go,
never am I always the same,
that would be boring,
so every day be different,
don’t change yourself,
just be different,
it will never be hard.

When I start every day,
one door closes and another opens,
but my eyes see clearer than I ever need,
no matter if I have glasses,
life will just get clearer in my eyes
as the days go on, as the world moves.

Every child is a bumblebee
just coming into the world,
no matter how old,
kids are just seeing the world now,
and they may be 17, but they see.
These bumblebees are opening up and starting fresh,
making the honey for the world
and the next generation to come,
it will be perfect,
that is why we are making it.

We are the insects of the world,
flying by and crawling our way up to the top,
just one step at a time,
from one kid to another,
and from adults to adults,
it will and can be done.
Pesky tics are what we can be,
to the world that we live in,
what we do is a pain compared to the tics
that bother the dogs and cats,
that is just what we are.
What can the pollution be like to the world,
I know tics, just filthy things
that eat tough and bother skin,
gases pull on the atmosphere and melt ice,
and ruin the oxygen that we need to live,
so let's quit being those filthy pests.
If ladybugs can start out being shy creatures
and turn into beautiful flying creations,
then why can’t we,
we have all the time in the world that we need.

We are the insects of the world,
everyone and everything creates them, well us,
if we just watch to see how amazing they are,
then we can realize how alike we are,
and how different we are,
we need to be a reflection
of some of the most beautiful,
and interesting creatures God has made.
They have their positives and negatives,
and so do we,
they change their bad things to good,
so why can’t we,
just because we make a mistake
doesn’t mean we can’t erase it from our minds,
and the world today.
That’s why we are a reflection
of the insects of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment