Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

December 2, 2007

Mom

by Heather

Mom
You rocked me to sleep,
So many secrets you could always keep,
There was never a minute in a day,
You weren’t there for me,
You always believed
I could be whatever I wanted to be,
There’s so many memories that we’ve shared,
I wish I could have showed you more
how I truly I cared,
You never once ever let me down,
Whenever I needed you, you were always around,
You were not just a mom to me,
but also a mom to everyone,
You were not just special to me, but to everyone,
The love and the memories I have for you
will never be done,
You cooked me dinner and made me lunch,
Things you've done for me, there was a bunch,
I lost more than just a parent,
I lost my life, my heart, my mom and a best friend,
You were all of them and even more,
When I think of you and us,
it makes me want you here with me more and more,
Even though the tears still come and never stop,
I know I can thank you
for being the best mom you could have ever been,
But most of all, I can thank you
for making me the person I am today

A mom I now have to live without,
but I will never forget her
For she was my mom…

No comments:

Post a Comment