Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

July 10, 2008

Thinking Back

by Jessica

Thinking back,
I wish I would have known the end.
I just ignored,
The time wasted,
The pathetic waiting.
Clueless, I was to it.
Chuckle at myself I did.
And why could I not see?
A Web of lies spinning before me,
Playing along.
Positive it was a lie,
When you said, you cared.
Wanting out too soon after.
How stupid was I to fall
on ground I knew would be hard
However, I do not blame you
Nor regret anything I said or did
No anger and no sorrow, not anymore.
I unlike you never lied.
I still stand by what I have said
Just wish I would have been
prepared for the fall.
Judging the distance I had,
there was no time to prepare.
Honest I wish I could be, but even now,
Holding back as I always do.
Not wanting anyone to know
Not wanting the concerned looks
Though thinking back,
the fall was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment