Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

July 13, 2008

You and Me

by HayLee

They say two years doesn't make you tolerable

Leave honey, it will just get worse

They say one hit leads to another

Call the police, tell your mother

They say once a cheater always a cheater

I sit here wondering how I don't want to compete with her

They say don't drink to take away your pain

I find it so hard not to, my mind has gone insane

They say don't tell your dad how you got those stitches

I didn't tell my dad because I knew he would take a gun to you

They said, trust me, he doesn't love you

I find myself thinkin, wow, "he doesn't love me"

Everything they say I have come to realize.

I'm not yours anymore
I'm not your toy
You can't hit me
Control me
Laugh at me
Yell at me
Or abuse me

They say one day you won't be able to take it anymore

I sit here ignoring you, I can't believe they're right....

"It's over"

1 comment:

  1. this is beauitful, i hope u arent with him anymore

    ReplyDelete