Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

June 8, 2011

Photo Frame

by Zane

I found our old photo frame today, it was tucked under some things, that I had hidden away. I wipe the dust off, and bring the frame to my face, I strain my eyes to see what I thought I saw. A smile was plastered upon my face. No hurt, no pain, not even a trace. Your arm was wrapped around me ever so tight, I can almost hear you whispering it's alright. I take a deep breath, remembering when you left me with no air, simply breathless, but then the tears start to fall, and before I know what's happening I throw the frame at the wall. I watch the glass shatter into small pieces, knowing they can never be fixed with all the damage done. But that's how you left me. Broken, chipped. There are always going to be scars and the hesitation of letting people back into my heart.

3 comments: