Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

August 20, 2012

I'm Sorry

by Leah V.
I’m sorry I’m not perfect
Another perfect image
You have imprinted 
And thriving in
Your mind

I’m sorry for having 
The impatience of
My father, that 
Peace I cannot
Find.

I’m sorry for being 
So determined and
Independent and stubborn, 
Just as you were 
Back then. 

I’m sorry my view 
On things is more
Into reality, yet yours
In your own little 
World

I’m sorry fairy tales
Were left behind for 
Me as a child.

I’m sorry I don’t live
By your religious 
Standards on your 
Perfect life. 

I’m sorry every time 
You yell at me, I cry
For feeling that I 
Am nothing in
Your eyes.

I'm sorry I live to 
Please you so much
And want to deserve
Your all around 
Attention.

I’m sorry I wish, 
Wish my life away
Every time your own 
Flesh and blood
Come and visit 
Our home.

I’m sorry I make 
You think of him
Every time you look
At me.

I’m sorry I’m 
This perfect
Child. 

I’m sorry. 
I’m just so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment