Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

August 10, 2012

Live Again


Those beautiful eyes of his haunt me
in deep shades of blue.
His voice is exotic and seductive
as he tells me how stunning I am.
I'm scared to open my eyes,
for fear of losing sight
of his flirty smile and teasing laugh.
For fear that he isn't real.
He holds me in his arms
and tells me to wake up,
that he is real,
and that he'll be there
when I open my eyes.
So I listen.
I open my eyes and blink
at the blinding white lights
and stare at the doctors around me.
He isn't there.
The dark seductive voice of Death
convinced me to live again.

6 comments:

  1. artemis here<3!!
    this poem is about a NDE (near death experience) and meeting death, and not wanting to live but Death convinces you to(kinda obvious from the poem)
    i got the idea from a series i read by Meg cabot. the first book is called "Abandon"

    ReplyDelete
  2. how interesting that death would convince us to live, when normally that is not his intent. i think it shows us that even when life feels so far gone, something might come around the corner when we least expect it and push us back to a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, can you believe i just found this article a few hours after i read the description of your poem?!

    "I was told by a police officer that some people on the street had nothing better to look forward to than death. That really stung, that really hurt me,” he told the newspaper. "So I said if that’s the case, then death better get out there and start taking care of these people. I developed this persona to go out there and help."

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/thanatos-vancouver_n_1792055.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D194359

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thats really weird but understandable.. Sometimes I wish people could live longer and be free of their past faults...
      thank you for commenting on my poem!

      Delete
  4. This poem is exquisite, Artemis. It is a stroke of pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actuall lia i am sevayne! lol

      Delete