Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 7, 2013

Something

by Bailey
As I sit here alone
Quiet
So very quiet
In my dark four walls 
That protect me
From the dark outside
I think

What am I doing here?
What purpose
If any
Is mine

Do I have a life to
Call my own
Or am I just 
Another face in the crowd
Another pawn in the chess game

Or is there more
That is covered by a thick layer
Is there more 
So as the morning approaches
I both welcome it
And fear it

And I know I am just young
And yes I may be blind
But I have faced a lot 
For a person my age
So I beg of you
Tell me

For the question taunts me
It laughs in my face
Not telling me its secrets
I just want something
To hang on to

For this morning
Could be just another
Like me 
Or I could be something great
I could do something great

No comments:

Post a Comment