Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 11, 2013

Broken Hearted

by Valerie
I wrote about the pain I hide,
I wrote about the tears I cry.
There's things that tear me apart,
There's so many things that broke my heart.

The tears I cry are from your lies
and when I told you this is goodbye.
I never thought it would end like that,
I always thought there would be one final chat.
Now that we are torn apart,
there are things between us that will never start.

I cry so much now that you are gone,
cause I know that I was wrong.
Wrong to lose you,
cause that wasn’t the true you.
I should have given you a second chance,
now all I have is that one glance.

I’m broken hearted that you are gone,
cause what we had is buried in the ground
and can never be found.
You were the eyes in me.
The song I play in my heart,
why can’t we just restart.
I cry without you, I shouldn’t have doubted you.
I really miss you, and now I can’t kiss you.
I can’t speak cause you were my mouth,
why are we moving south.
My heart can’t be fixed, why is this mixed?
I shouldn’t feel this bad,
I shouldn’t be so sad.
This pain should go away,
why couldn’t you have stayed?

No comments:

Post a Comment