Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 21, 2013

Knotted Litany


I am many things, 
None of which are seemingly significant in any sort of the manner.
However, everything I am, I can assure you, you are not.

I am the orange sun in the morning sky, 
Clouded by last night's storm.
You are the rain, 
The torrential downpour and encore of rain, 
Cold and dark and inhumane.

I am the tulip rejoicing for spring, 
Pushing my way up through the earth, 
My pedals the crown of a king.

You are the dirt, the godforsaken dirt, 
Suffocating and undulating the cause of my aching pain.
I am an old song, 
The melodious symphony of all notes played wrong.

And yet as broken heart strings bled the blues, 
I reached into the sky and handed every star to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment