Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

June 22, 2013

The Substance

by Jacob L.
 Do you think about me?

On those lonesome summer nights
Casting clouds of thick deception
Dreaming dreams inside your pipe

Do you think about me?

Knuckle deep inside your throat
Wishing one day you'd be skinny
Treating life as if it's a joke

Do you think about me?

When razors dance across your skin
Pools of red surround your body
Making up for all your sins

Do you think about me?

With a noose around your neck
Begging God for his forgiveness
Praying for courage so you can forget:

All the pain this life has caused you
All the loves that broke your heart
There's no silver lining in your story
There's just death to which you part

So do you think about me?

Much like the way I thought of you
Before the substance got a hold of us
Before it had its way with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment