Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

June 28, 2013

Who I Am

by Keisha S.
I am a person

My feelings show on my sleeve

If you don't like them you are free to leave

I over think my feelings too much

All I want is my heart to be touched

I laugh

I cry

I smile at the world to show them I'm alive

Sometimes I feel dead inside

I am defined of what society wants me to be

I'm alone

No one to hold

I shout but no one ever hears my cries

I am down on myself because that's all I've ever known

I've never been told otherwise

I battle my thoughts

Day and night

I put up a fight

To be free of my mind

To show my worth and all of my being

No longer put on a shelf

I am who I am

I can't change who I am

It's your loss

If you don't see what's behind my eyes

I am so much more

Than what you take me for

So go away

And never look back

I'll let you know

My heart's still intact

For leaving you

I shall never be back

I am alive

You're dead inside

No comments:

Post a Comment