Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

February 4, 2007

Hmm...

by Anonymous

I’m in a cellar above the ground
I see a rainbow but it’s not round
And all my dreams come crashing down
I’m in the present, but I feel the past
Will I ever find a love that will last?
My life is slow, but it’s gone too fast
At the playground, I’ve gone down the slide
But it’s not a game, It’s not a ride
When I reach the end, I have died
There’s dirt in the sky, and stars in the ground
I will soon be lost, yet once I was found
I once was free, but now I am bound
Out in the freezing sun, burning snow
My map doesn’t show which way to go.
What have I learned? I just don’t know
I feel so exposed, while I hide my heart
I control my whole self, yet just a part
And frozen blood waits to melt my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment