Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

February 8, 2007

This Scripted Show

by Jesse White

They claim to know my pain,
but still admire my shame.
Bullets in the brain
take it all away,
but I cant, it wont happen.
My fingers start slipping,
I'm losing my grip
I'm losing my cure.
My eyes arent pure anymore.
Whats this all for,
feels like I'm going to war
without a sword and shield.
Looking around
finding that this field goes on,
suddenly it turns ablaze;
see my life through this haze.
Hearing the voices I must be a crazed man.
Under this weight I cant stand,
dropping to the floor.
Here I stay, still remaining somehow.
It's the here and now,
where all my sins came around to me.
Shooting from the ground
I watch the black plant grow.
Welcome to this scripted show,
I'll build a ladder to try to steal
the stars from the sky.
But God will cut 'em down,
these plants and ladders,
falling down forever.
Never will I know
the end of this scripted show.

No comments:

Post a Comment