Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

August 1, 2007

My Reason to Live

by Ashley Marie

I thought my heart belonged to me
Until you came and set it free
You opened my heart to the feeling of love
For you, I thank the man above
You make loving you so easy to do
You know how to make me smile when I'm blue
You know the exact words to say
When you sense I'm having a bad day
Every single time we kiss
My heart falls into an enternal bliss
You're the man of my dreams
At least that's the way it seems
You chase all my pain away
And brighten up my every day
After all the pain that I've gone through
My reason to live comes back to you
I'm so confused, but there's one thing clear
You make sense of all I fear
I fall in love with you more and more
This is a love I've never felt before
Even though I stand my ground
You always promise to stick around
The butterflies in my stomach are nothing but real
As much as I try, I cant help the way I feel
I tried so hard not to fall this deep
My heart I give to you to keep
No matter how much I ask, dont give it back
You're my reason to live and that's a fact

No comments:

Post a Comment