Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

August 3, 2007

Hello My Friend

by Rina

I tried to find the key to happiness,
but I lost it in my pocket.
I thought you were my friend,
not this lonesome picture in a locket.

Within this temple our foundation crumbles,
Our friendships become like a volcano begining to rumble.
An unspeakable feeling engulfs my core,
thoughts of you create havoc and war.

Were both having problems we said we'd always share,
but my friend hello hello are you even there??
Tongue tied and twisted unable to say,
I miss you my friend are you coming back today??

Ten years we've been friends and I'm not ready to give in,
It's time to redevelop our friendship to let it begin.
You are my best friend and I'm bound by a promise I plan to keep,
Friends to the end we both said and I wont let that be put to sleep.

So let me say hello my friend I am here,
are you ready for me to help with your dismay and fear.
I love you so much I wanted to let you know
But through writing was the only way I could let it show.

1 comment:

  1. Your poem is really beautifully written. It really hit my heart (as corny as that sounds) so, really, amazing poem!!

    ReplyDelete