Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

August 11, 2007

Mom

by Teri

Mom,
You were there when I struggled,
And you still are today,
You helped me back then,
And youll do it again,
You smile a bunch,
And you like to give hugs,
And though I dont like it,
I dont mind it too much,
I know that you love me,
And I want to tell you,
That yes, mom,
I love you too.

I know I dont say it,
Not often enough,
For you it is easy,
But for me it is tough,
I hate to be sappy,
Id rather have fun,
Im bad at expressing,
Just how I feel,
But I want you to know,
That I am trying,
For real,
So I will tell you,
Again,
And it's true,
Mommy,
Yes Mommy,
I love you too.

I know I get angry,
I am sensitive like that,
I know that we fight,
And I can be a brat,
And although I get mad,
I get over it soon,
And I know you do too,
So I guess I am saying,
Thank you.

Sometimes you punish me,
But hey thats alright,
I just might deserve it,
Well I know I more than might,
And Im mad for awhile,
Sure that is true,
But I never,
Ever,
Stop loving you.

I know that sometimes,
I keep you up at night,
I make you worry,
And I hate that,
And I hate when you cry,
Because that isnt right,
But you always forgive me,
For the stupid things I do,
Even when it is affecting you,
And that proves you love me,
And this part is true,
Mom,
Yes,
I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment