Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

July 1, 2007

My Best Friend

by Madeline

What happened to my best friend?
I can’t seem to figure it out
She seems like a different person
Don’t know what it’s all about
We used to be so close together
Nothing could tear us apart
She really was a part of me
Had a special place in my heart
We would wait for each other after class
Every single day
Hey best buddy, where ya been?
Is what she used to say
We would hate the mean preps
(Not all of them used to be)
Neither of us had big reps
Everyone would agree
The following year in 7th grade
She was still my best friend
But she wasn’t old Sam anymore
All that really did end
She lost the glasses,
Straightened her hair
And dressed different too
Prep was her style now
Who she was, I didn’t know who
Hollister, American eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch
I didnt have anything against all that
But she became such a bitch!
She made comments on my clothes and hair
I had a different style too
Not one so prepish
Not Goth or emo too
Our 8th period classes were far apart
I would wait for her after school
At the bottom of the stair case
Looking like a fool
I was so excided to talk to her
So when she got to the last stair
I said hey Sam, what’s up?
But she passed me as if I wasn’t there
She walked alone to the bus
No one by her side
As I walked with other friends
My feelings I would hide
She’s not always like this
But most of the times she is
Ditching me for other people
Other prepish kids
Although I had other friends
(At the moment better than she)
I felt like such an outcast
As if the problem was just me
But some times she acts like old Sam
Full of intelligence and light
But only would she do this
If no prep was in sight
I wonder if it’s all worth it
To still be her best friend
Maybe shell change her ways
And all will come to an end
I haven’t told her yet
Can’t think of a nice way to say
Last time I tried to tell her something
She ignored me all day
I really miss Samantha
It’s hard for her to see
But it’s not her I truly miss
It’s the person she used to be

No comments:

Post a Comment