Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

February 3, 2008

Fallen

by Jaz

What is it that you want from me?
If you truly loved me,
Your answer to this would be
Absolutely nothing,
But you say you don't know
So
Please try to let me down easy...
Because I can't and won't be
The person that you see
When you look at all the girls
That you perceive to be real...
I've done all I can,
I gave you my heart,
When you held out your hand.
Now will you leave me here to stand
Alone...
To face my worst fears on my own?
You're the first person I've ever known
To make me both happy and sad
At the same time, and sure I'm glad
That I found you, but could you be bad
For I can't find the words to describe it
I want to know more
So I can feel free and soar
Like I used to before
I knew how to fall
As hard as I have for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment