Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

February 13, 2008

I Try [For You]

by Lindsay

As we sit on the couch,
I notice.
There’s a tear falling,
Rolling,
Slowly down her face.
She claims she’s not crying,
Says there’s no reason to cry.
She buries her face in her hands.
But I see it still…
Drip,
Drip,
Down her face.
I too blink away tears.
Even though
I don’t know what’s wrong.
Is it just another day
With just another fight?
They no longer get along,
I no longer cry.
It’s the same every day,
It’s the same every night.
I try to ignore their screams in my sleep,
I try to ignore the tears in her eyes.
I just try to get over
The fact that it’s over.
He’s losing his job,
She’s losing her mind.
They don’t get along,
I just can’t understand…
What happened to the beautiful family
We once had?
I fear for her life;
She claims she is useless,
Lately,
It seems he agrees.
I try to pretend.
I try to hide.
I tell them I leave,
But really sit in a corner and cry.
I’m now so excited to leave
When Monday rolls around.
School’s hard to understand
My mind wanders all around.
But still I try to fix my life,
My smiles just won’t go away.
I have you guys to help me
Chase away the pain.
So when the morning comes,
Of course I will come too.
I’m sad,
I’m hurt,
But I will never try to hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment