Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

March 1, 2008

Dreary Ending

by Maygan C.

They say he's the man they all ever wanted
The way he lingers with my very mind
I can't stand without seeing him run through my eyes
Every hour wouldn't be an hour without being lull with his voice

I wrote for him my every poem and put it safely in this heart
I would give up everything and anything he might
But every now and then I keep missing a part of my soul
I have always wanted this man who looks away
And can't make this heart whole

Does he notice my somber presence or just taking it for granted?
That he comes and goes and always has makes my heart forsaken
With every note he plays, it makes me insane...and dreary
His ways are so mysterious,
These feelings getting stronger yet unclear

He's so near yet so far,
He clutches my soul but never touches my heart
This crestfallen heart so alone to ponder, all so torn apart
I'm so saddened whenever he doesn't shine his look on me
So dryhearted he doesn't even know, with her I'm so envious

How could Eros strike me with his bow and make me love this man
Evil this God, he made me live with lies...I will never love again
From this moment this heart will die and surely be sealed
These eyes will never see love,
This soul will be numb and I will forever bleed

No comments:

Post a Comment