Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

September 1, 2013

Paint Me a Picture

by Isabelle C.
Paint me a picture
Of me and you
Color the grass green
And sky blue.
Perfect the color of your eyes
That always made me melt
And all the feelings
We could have ever felt.
Paint us smiling
And holding hands.
Paint all the things we never got to do
Because we never had a chance.

Maybe if you would have said something
And didn't just leave that night
Maybe we could have
Painted our picture right.

Color that stage just the same
Green, orange, yellow and blue
Get me and you in our costumes
And the whole cast and crew
Get the red roses
On closing night
Get the love I felt for you
At first sight
Have the picture of you and me
I had to beg you to take
And actually smile
So it won't look like a mistake.

Maybe if I would've said more
And not left that day
We could have colored our picture
The right way

Paint our picture
Color it perfectly
Don't let those few memories fade
Or forget about me
I can't let these feelings go
There's only one thing left to do
Paint this picture
And pray you painted it, too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment