Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

September 27, 2013

Rough Recognition

by Jacob L.
You said to drop the gimmick
That it's okay just to be myself
I could've used these words a year ago
When I was trying to be somebody else

When I'd trust my heart with strangers
Only to watch it hit the floor
It was the feeling of being wanted
That kept me coming back for more

When happiness wasn't attainable 
and I struggled to find myself
When the "love" no longer was present
I'd find it in somebody else

I was in the midst of a cycle 
How I was feeling, nobody could tell
I would laugh and say it was fun
But in reality I was going through hell

So why can't I wash my hands of you
And clean up the mess that I made
Better yet, who the heck are you?
And why am I feeling this way?

I sleep with a knife in my pillow
Protection from what I can't see
Not once have I ever had to use it
But it keeps me from having bad dreams

So please tell me what I am running from
Making everyday of mine feel like Hell
Well maybe if I took a second to realize
I'm running from nobody but M.Y.S.E.L.F

No comments:

Post a Comment