Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 4, 2008

Stronger Without You

by Brianna

My heart was just broken,
I was lied to and you are to blame.
The times we were together,
You never saw me.
You did what you wanted and ignored me.
I told you that you weren't falling for me,
You were falling for the girl I pretended to be.
I try to be brave, I try to be smart,
I try to be your everything,
When you see me as nothing.
It's hard to not look into the future,
When you know there is a dead end ahead.
The worst part is that I let you take advantage of me,
I told you no, I wasn't ready
You pushed it more every time.
And after you were satisfied,
You turned your back,
You said you would never hurt me,
When I was nearly in tears,
You did nothing.
You hate everything and anything that made me who I am,
and that's why you don't know the real me.
But the truth is you dont care.
She is my best friend,
You turned me against her,
and the sad part is, I didn't know it until now!
She told me that you were trouble,
but you blinded me from what was right in front of my face.
I was careless and was letting my life slip away.
You called me when you thought I was going to be mad,
Not because you wanted to hear my voice,
And when I hung up,
You acted like nothing was wrong.
I did what I had to do.
We're done now,
Never again will I trust you,
Not now, not ever.
You told me never to hate someone,
So why do you hate me,
And feel the need to make me cry,
Why do you tear me down,
All I ever did is show you who you truly are,
And I don't hate you,
I am sorry for you,
You will never understand
What a woman needs or how she should be treated.
When you knew it had to be done.
You couldn't get what you wanted from me,
and that's why you're mad.
Not because I broke up with you,
Or because I won't talk to you.
But I'm done letting you walk all over me!
It's time for me to move on,
I need to make memories that I will be happy to look back on,
Not something that you forced me to do,
That I will regret forever.
I'm just disgusted that you are going to do it again,
You are going to do the same thing that you did to me,
To another person trying to find herself.
You are going to pretend that you care,
Get what you want and leave her,
Like you were going to do to me -
But didn't get to do, because people that care about me,
Opened my eyes.
In the end I hope you get what you deserve.
....Goodbye....

2 comments:

  1. That was really good. That kind of reminded me of my past relationship.Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactaly how that is because thats exactaly what happened to me. this poem is inspiring and i think that many ppl can relate to it. I know i can!

    ReplyDelete