Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 15, 2008

Wolf-Woman

by Hannah

Born a human and a wolf.
Body of a man.
Heart of a wolf.
Live life of what is human
While secretly wishing
Lived life of what
I truly am.
On the outside
May seem human
But on the inside
Beats heart of a beast.
Am wolf with two legs
And no fur.
But wolf in blood.
In my veins burns and boils
Of what is wolf.
It consumes my whole body.
My mind and soul
Til the beast within
Is in complete control.
May not seem wolf
But really am.
Aggressive, Controlling,
Dominant, and Protective.
Every attribute a wolf has.
When day turns to night
And out comes the moon
I am called.
I am pulled outside
By an unexplainable force
And changed from man
To beast.
I shed my human skin
For a pelt of fur.
And two legs for four.
I howl and give thanks to the moon
And then run and run
Til the moon disappears
Behind the new morning.
Then I am once again
Left living a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment