Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 13, 2008

What Happens AFTER Life?

by Liah

Why does my life have no meaning?
It is hot outside yet,
I feel as my soul has been drowned,
I want to rip out my soul,
for I have been gravely injured,
not by the great fiery sword,
but by a boa of life,
it constricts my soul,
so that I may not dare to breathe,
stress,
worries,
jobs,
love,
LIFE
I feel as though my world has crashed ,
without a single noise,
it just seems like it is falling...,
falling....,
falling....,
I start to see it!,
beautiful!,
laying on the darkness that so covered my world,
it is as white as the robes of the winged cherubs,
as i am about to grasp its robes,
that so taketh me to the land of paradise,
a creature,
green with scales,
creepth unto me,
but does not speak,
it is clearly a serpant,
it beckons me,
I let out a scream,
it beckons again,
clearly not taking notice to my scream,
finally,
I depart with it,
I can still see those cherubs about to welcome me,
but turn me away,
as if I was diseased,
to this day,
and for all eternity,
my soul no longer feels cold,
but more than lukewarm,
more than warm,
it is fiery,
it never feels cold,
though i wish to this day,
I was still cold,
instead of hot,
all because of a thick,
circle,
laying upon a chair

No comments:

Post a Comment