Poets are those who love,--who feel great truths, And tell them.

April 10, 2008

You Were There, Then Weren't

by Hannah

One second you’re in my life,
The next you’re not.
What happened to change that?
I want to know?
When I think about you,
I cry.
What happens when you think about me?
Nothing is what happens,
Because you’re the one that broke up with me,
Just because of your stupid friends.
Now you won’t even talk to me.
I think you’re ashamed of what you did.
Do you think sometimes that you didn’t break my heart?
And what life would be if you hadn’t?
I think you do.
What counts is that I’m strong,
Not only when I see you,
But when I hear your name too.
You’re in my life only long enough to
Make me love you,
Want you longer,
Then you’re gone.
So what do I do now?
How can life go on?
Without you?
It can’t,
It just can’t,
You’re the only one I want in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment